Shambhala is an international community of practitioners of meditation in the Buddhist and Shambhala traditions. The Bristol and SW UK Shambhala Meditation Group offers meditation instruction for beginners, newcomers, and advanced students, Buddhist and Shambhala teachings, and a place to meet for people who would like to open their hearts and minds.
OUR REGULAR PRACTICE EVENINGS
Would you like to learn to meditate, allow more space and joy into your life and learn how to work with your mind and body?
Then join us for meditation, talks and discussions followed by refreshments and the opportunity to socialise. You will receive meditation instruction free of charge. Go to programmes and classes for details of all programmes scheduled in Bristol, Dorchester and Stroud.
Bristol regular meditation sessions at 17 Lower Redland Rd:
- Wednesday evenings: 7.30pm – 9:30pm
For meditation instruction please arrive a little early if you can. We finish the session with tea and biscuits from 9.30pm until around 9.45pm. If you would like to attend but can’t make the whole session, you are welcome to stay for as long as you are able.
- Second Sunday of each month: City Retreat Day, 10am-4pm
Open to all, an opportunity to practice for longer. Meditation instruction is available for newcomers. You are welcome to attend the whole day, or just the morning or afternoon session
We have other groups that are part of Bristol & SW UK Meditation Group. The groups meet as follows:
- Dorchester: Tuesday 7:30pm – 9:00pm, at the The Friend’s Meeting House, 8 Holloway Road, Fordington, Dorchester, DT1 1LF. Tel: 01305 889476 (Colin) or visit the Dorchester website for details.
- Hereford: this group tries to meet monthly. Please email [email protected] information.
- Stroud: Tuesday 7.45pm – 9pm, at Chalford Village Hall near Stroud. Tel 01453 889609 (Call John or Sophie) for details.
- Cardiff: Starting 8 October 2015 – Thursday evenings 7.30pm – 9pm,
Meditation at Mandayoga Studio, 372 Cowbridge Road East (Behind Tony and Theo’s Barber Shop on Lionel Road), Cardiff CF5 1HE. Tel Sue 07427 643197 for details.
If you have any questions about our programmes or meditation please email [email protected] call 0117 3296109 and leave a message – someone will call you back.