Shambhala is an international community of practitioners of meditation in the Buddhist and Shambhala traditions. The Bristol and SW UK Shambhala Meditation Group offers meditation instruction for beginners, newcomers, and advanced students, Buddhist and Shambhala teachings, and a place to meet for people who would like to open their hearts and minds.
Regular meditation sessions at the Bristol Shambhala centre open to all:
- Ideal for anyone new to meditation or who want a refresher of meditation instruction.
- Short sitting sessions and lots of discussion.
- Every second and fourth Wednesday of the month.
- 7:00pm – 9:00pm.
- Longer periods of sitting and walking meditation.
- Every first and third Wednesday of the month.
- 7:00pm – 9:00pm.
- A day long meditation retreat, with longer sitting sessions.
- The second Sunday of the month.
- 10:00am – 4:00pm with an hour for lunch.
For more information and to find out which session we’re running this week visit our calendar page
Not based in Bristol? Our other groups in the South West meet as follows:
- Dorchester: Tuesday 7:30pm – 9:00pm
The Friend’s Meeting House, 8 Holloway Road, Fordington, Dorchester, DT1 1LF.
Tel: 01305 889476 (Colin) or visit the Dorchester Shambhala site.
- Hereford: This group meets weekly on a Thursday evening and monthly at the weekend. Please email Dian Marie at [email protected] or Steve at [email protected] for more info
- Stroud: Tuesday 7:45pm – 9:00pm
Chalford Village Hall near Stroud. Tel: 01453 889609 ( John or Sophie).
- Cardiff: Thursday 8:00pm – 9:30pm
Arrive 7:45pm if possible if new for meditation instruction. Tea and chat 9:00pm – 9:30pm (flexible finish time).
Mandayoga Studio, 372 Cowbridge Road East (Behind Tony and Theo’s Barber Shop on Lionel Road), Cardiff CF5 1HE. Tel: 07427 643197 (Sue).
If you have any questions about our programmes or meditation please email [email protected] or call 0117 3296109 and leave a message – someone will call you back.